Update as of March 17, 2020:
South Texas College continues to closely monitor the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak and is taking precautionary measures to ensure the safety and well-being of all our students, employees, and community.
The following are South Texas College operation updates for school district partners who are transitioning online. South Texas College needs the support of our partnering school districts to assist with the following requirements:
During March 23-29, South Texas College Faculty and Staff will support the Dual Credit Faculty and Dual Credit students to prepare in transitioning to online instruction.
Dual Credit students:
- Effective March 23rd, Dual Credit students will have access to complete theBlackboard Online Student Orientation to learn the basics, such as how to log in, upload assignments, use the discussion forum, and take exams.
- Upon logging into Blackboard, Dual Credit students will have a link titled Blackboard Online Student Orientation that is available on each dual credit student’s Blackboard to assist them in becoming familiar with the College’s web-based learning platform;
- Additional support will be available by the South Texas College Distance Learning Department during March 23-29 by contacting their staff at 872-2598 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dual Credit students need to contact their instructor if they need additional assistance with their course.
- Dual Credit Students who need to reset passwords can email their name and contact information to email@example.com.
South Texas College will continue to provide resources and student support service updates on our Website: southtexascollege.edu/coronavirus