Skip to content
Internet At School
Internet At School
The growth of the Internet in the world provides many opportunities to many people around the world in many different ways. When students are considered, the use of the Internet is mainly for social and entertainment purposes. However, it is very obvious that the Internet provides not only social connection and entertainment but also academic and scientific information as well. Additionally, the Internet can be used as a tool to learn the latest news all around the world as well as getting any kind of information that serves different purposes such as learning more information about a hobby or health. Therefore, it can be said that the Internet is the source of spreading information quickly to a large audience and of going beyond the limitation of time and space. In the light of the above information, it is vitally important to encourage students to use this invaluable source to get any kind of information they need in their academic studies. For the reasons mentioned above, the aim of this study is looking at the students‟ use of the Internet in their academic studies. Students are always curious and creative by nature. They are smart enough to know how they can use the internet to search for almost anything. It doesn’t matter if they are studying in a private school or government school. But at the same time, there is a difference in the ways they use the internet for education in schools. Internet technologies have raised the education level in all countries and it has changed the way students are being taught in schools. That’s why it is very important for the present generation that they provide internet education for their young generations. The Internet has come very popularly now in days, but students have to know how to control it and use it at school for their education.
Uses of Internet in Education
· Students can search what they want to learn about by the use of Google or other search engines like Bing, Yahoo etc.
· Students can learn and take online classes anytime and anywhere.
· Notes and researched paper all are available on the internet and just a click away.
· Students can get tuition online and they can watch Videos on YouTube related to mathematics, English language, physics or any other information about any topic related to their school homework.
· Teachers can use social media to connect with students and share motivational quotes as well as subject related articles and notes.
· Teachers can teach by the use of animation, PowerPoint slides, and images to capture the student’s attention.